Friday, April 1, 2016

Blog 7: Infidelity

Infidelity was definitely a difficult topic to talk about.  Throughout my high school years, I dated the same guy from sophomore to senior year and into my first semester of college.  Already in my sophomore year he decided to cheat on me.  I found out a few weeks later and brushed it off because it was with one of my friends and I didn’t want her to know that I knew but I quit talking to her.  He apologized and said that it would never happen again and he was just stressed with me just having surgery and not being able to do anything for a few weeks.  We were constantly fighting and I never really understood why he would get angry sometimes and then apologize right when I was ready to end the relationship.  During my first year of college, in late September, my best friend Jacob texted me that he has something important to tell me.  He told me that Jared was cheating on me and that he has been doing it for a long time, which one was the night before.  Once Jacob explained what was going on, when, and how often this was happening, it all made sense.  Every time that Jared would get angry at me, he would go and cheat.  This really hurt at the time but it made me realize the person that I would never want myself to be.  Since then, I have drastically changed my own life and decided to do everything that I’ve wanted to do that I wouldn’t have been able to if I stayed with Jared.  I dated a guy from a different school, moved all the way across the state to attend college, enjoyed parties and having fun meeting new people here at Stout.  Now Jared has moved on to one of the girls he got with and is the same person.  Sometimes I wish he could see who I turned out to be but for now, I’m perfectly happy not having to look at him or to even understand how someone could cheat on someone they love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment