Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Blog 10: The Five Love Languages

I have never heard of the five love languages before this class and found them particularly interesting.  When taking the five love language’s quiz, I thought that I would be highest in words of affirmation.  I love when my boyfriend texts me good morning and good night each night and when he is very affectionate through text messages.  I thought that my lowest would be physical touch because I hate being touched and like being on my own.  After taking the quiz, I found to be highest in quality time.  My next highest was physical touch.  My lowest two were receiving gifts and words of affirmation.  The words of affirmation was super surprising because I enjoy his text messages so much.  I was also surprised with physical touch being so high.  Once thinking about it, I guess it makes since.  My past relationships we spent a lot of time together.  With Jacob and starting a long distance relationship, for us, we don’t get that quality time together or physically get to touch each other either for weeks at a time.  When we are together, we focus on each other and talk about the future and what we plan on doing while we have some time together.  We also don’t play on our phones very much when we are at home and try to spend as much time as we can talking or going out and having some fun.  We also try each others hobbies and do things that we each want to do because of the short amount of time that we have together and make the most out of our time.   Since we only see each other every two to three weeks, physical touch is huge for him!  I typically don’t like to snuggle when falling asleep and hate holding hands in public but that is something that he loves to do and it constantly holding my hand or has his arm around my waist.  For him, he doesn’t get to physically touch me for weeks so the two days that we have together we spend all of our time very close to each other.  Now looking at it through this perspective, I can see how I value physical touch because it is nice falling asleep with him all snuggled up with me.  I still think that the rest of these qualities are part of my love language because I think all are very important but it was very interesting to see which ones I felt were more important. 

1 comment:

  1. Overall comments re: blog entries:
    Your entries are fantastic! They are focused and integrate both course material and real life examples. You have successfully met the criteria to earn full points on each of your entries (10 entries @ 2.5 points each = 25 points). Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete